Saturday, June 12, 2010

Shock of a Lifetime.....

Ok, so many of you have heard the news. But I thought I would give you the story.  Now that I can talk about it without crying uncontrollably.  


I have been on birth control pills for the past 12 years.  Have never missed one, didn't have any problems with it.  So, in March I went in for my routine yearly.  The doctor and I were talking about alternative BC methods.  There was a newer thing that implants into your arm called the Implanon.  I was in love with it as soon as I heard about it.  It is good for 3 years, and no taking a pill everyday. Besides, I was diagnosed with high blood pressure, and the Implanon was safer for that.


So, I was at the doctors office, Implanon open on the table, and gown ready for me, when the assistant came in and said "Hey, it's routine we do a pregnancy test."  I had NO WORRIES that this wouldn't be just some routine thing.  Until I sat there for 15 minutes waiting for them to come back.  I am starting to get worried.  The doctor was scared to come into my room.  And I knew.  I immediately started crying hysterically!!!!!   I was pissed, and upset, and overwhelmed, and scared, and pissed, and mad.  I couldn't believe it.   


I finally got a hold of Scott. Told him to get to the doc office ASAP.  I was panicking.  So my GYN does a pelvic and tells me "I think you're at least 6-8 weeks!"  WHAT??!!  Then 3 other people come in, they are all trying to hug me and comfort me (thanks for trying but they failed miserably).  I am transferred to the Imaging center to do a more thorough ultrasound.  Good news...GYN was wrong I wasn't 6-8 weeks pregnant.......I WAS 13 WEEKS PREGNANT!!!!!!


So, long story...kinda short.  It was a day I will never forget.  I cried for a week.  I am just now getting to the point where I tell myself "can't do anything about it, might as well start planning."  I still sit and think what in the world.  But I mostly am bummed because I am afraid that this will interfere with spending time and being involved with Graison & Baylee through their high school and jr high careers.  


So, we are due in November.  Which falls right into our line of birthdays (we have a July, August, September, and October now).  We do know that this has to be meant to be.  That we were supposed to have this baby.  It just has turned us upside down.


I have already told my doctors that I will not leave the hospital unless I either have a hysterectomy or an Implant in  my arm.  But with the odds of getting preggo on the pill (99.9%)  I would rather have something a little more permanent!!!     

4 comments:

  1. I heard through the grapevine! How exciting and crazy! The Lord knows how to bless our families...sometimes in ways we never anticipated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you guys! I hope you are feeling well and I agree with Jan...the Lord obviously knows us better than we know ourselves! There are special spirits waiting to come down and you guys are blessed to have one in your life soon!! Loves!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY I can finally leave a comment.... Anyway... you know I love you and couldn't be more excited for you. Can't wait to meet the little guy and throw him right into playing with all of my boys =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love you big sister. know that we are all here for you & i will come nanny for you ~ how exciting for you that i've got to do it for jennifer & kasey & now i get to help you too!

    ReplyDelete