Thursday, December 18, 2008

What A Weekend!!!

December 13 Baylee had a Christmas Dance Recital, where she was in the Nutcracker. She was so excited, and of course did an awesome job! I absolutely love watching her dance.


So, during the recital I got a phone call from my mom saying that they were headed to our house. I was a little surprised, but always excited to see family, and my sister Joy was coming to our house for the first time. I kept getting phone calls, saying how terrible the roads were and they were having to drive very slow. What is usually a 4 hour drive took them about 7! I felt so bad that they were having such a horrible time, but blessed that they were making this trip to see me and my family.

When they finally get here, we are bringing bags in, and putting dinner in the oven...When there is a knock on the back door. I ask one of the kids to help Aunt Joy in (knowing she went out to get bags) and my mom says, Jana just go get it for her. So I open the door for Joy, only to find my other sister Jennifer and her 3 adorable boys!!!!!!! I wish I could have seen the look on my face. I was surprised and couldn't stop saying how shocked I was.



My sister Jennifer truly is amazing. She flew..ALL BY HERSELF...with 3 boys (ages 4, 3 and 18 months) into Vegas then had to rent a car and drive the 9 hours to our parents house. I don't know how she has any hair left!! I would have pulled mine out from the stress.

















It was a very quick visit, but I wouldn't have traded those precious hours for anything!! I am so blessed to have such an amazing family. Who would risk the icy road conditions just to surprise me. I loved getting to see 2 of my 3 sisters, and my nephews and spending time with them.



















Thank you Jennifer for giving me an awesome Christmas present.
Thank you Joy and Tate for coming too, and being a part of the surprise!
Thank you Mom and Dad for coming and being a part of the visit.

I love you all. Thank you for being my family...and most important my best friends.


2 comments:

  1. Look at Jennifer all grown up! I remember when she came to stay with you and she'd come to all the YW events with you! Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! Oh..and thanks for the cute Christmas card!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that great post! I had SO much fun and it was definitely worth the horrible roads. I'd do it again in a second. I love you so much and I am so glad I was able to see your awesome family this holiday season. I didn't take ONE picture so don't forget to send them my way. Can you make me a CD of them and mail it to me? That would be the best. By the way... your hair looks great in those pictures, I really like it. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

    ReplyDelete