Friday, November 21, 2008

The Forgotten Carols

I wanted to post this while I still had the impression and feelings from my experience tonight (and still wiping away tears, thanks for the heads up Jennifer). Let me first just say WOW! I am not even sure where to begin. Living in Missouri, we didn't have the chances to experience things like this because they tend to stay in the Utah & Idaho areas. So, a gift from my mom, was tickets for our family to go see The Forgotten Carols.

Let me add a side note, so you can follow my emotional journey...I have LOVED Michael McLean since I was in high school. I went to an EFY and fell in love with his music. Then The Collection CD's came out and I was hooked all over again.

Sitting in this beautiful theatre tonight, Scott and I and the kids were all talking and enjoying the Christmas music playing. As the lights dimmed and we all were eagerly watching...Imagine my surprise when I saw Michael McLean walk out on stage!! I DIDN'T KNOW HE WAS IN THE PLAY!! I was in tears from the beginning with Michael playing this little musical flute type instrument.

Throughout the whole evening, as I was listening to the message, (and still in awe that Michael McLean was in the same room as me), I couldn't help but feel this overwhelming calmness and a sense of blessing.

As the evening closed, and Michael was singing my forever favorite song, We Can Be Together Forever Someday, he invited the audience to join in the chorus. We sang it a few times, and then he asked for us to think of someone we loved that wasn't with us. Either in the military, or across the country, or in Heaven, my thoughts turned to my family. (more tears now) I am so truly blessed to have my husband, Graison & Baylee and the impact that moving has had for our family. We have come together, and rely on each other to be our support. It has brought us closer together. I then thought of my extended family...and for the wonderful parents that I have. For the examples they have been to me, and are to my children. I thought of my sisters & brother...who are daily reminders to me that I am never alone in this world no matter what happens. They are examples to me on how to be compassionate, how to serve others, how to be a wonderful mother, and friend.

As we were sitting in our seats and the house lights come up, I am looking at our program and notice....Michael McLean and cast will be in the lobby for autographs!!!! I know it was getting late, and there were literally thousands of people there I never thought that I would be able to stand in the line long enough to get the casts autographs. As we walked down the stairs I noticed there wasn't a very long line, so we decided to go for it!!! I will never forget meeting Michael McLean, and him talking to us like we were old friends. And an added bonus...we scored a picture!!! I love the way he is hugging Baylee!! What wonderful memories!!!



2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I've only seen "The Forgotten Carol's," once, I was like...10 haha. But, he's coming back here in a few week's, maybe I should go see it again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A picture with michael McLean? WOW!! So great to see you and your family.
    Luella and Matt Downs

    ReplyDelete